Saturday, January 30, 2010

Paris Cats Jazz Club

Aaron Searle Quintet at The Paris Cat Jazz Club


My wonderful British co-worker text me with a list of possible and very exciting outings we could go on for a Thursday evening adventure in Melbourne. We both thought that the option of seeing a live Jazz band would be best. Hopped in the car to Melbourne and then by foot through the alleyways of the inner city until we found The Paris Cat Jazz Club.



Down the stairs and into an art deco basement, we got seated for a very small and enticing performance. I really love Jazz, the fact that as soon as you think you know the rhythm and might even chance tapping along, it changes. In my ignorance, I also find it mildly funny that the title of the pieces are things like “Contemplation,” or in our case, “Androgynous.” I didn’t feel that there was anything in either songs that made me think, “ah yes, that is how an androgynous person makes me feel.” It was delightful to watch and I’ve already started searching what Jazz album to listen to next time I’m knitting or studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment