Sunday, January 3, 2010

Melting Moments

Why not start to tell tales from Thailand by starting at the end of the trip?
I feel that it's always at the end of something that you begin to reflect about the beginning.

On my last day in Thailand I was the only family member still waiting for their flight. I decided I would spend my free morning trying to find the café “Melting Moments,” which was mentioned in a free Khoa San flyer in Bangkok. Tierd of wearing travelers clothes I put on my newest Vintage purchase and hailed a tuk tuk in hopes of getting to my destination.




I asked about five different taxis and tuk tuks and no one knew where I wanted to go! I had almost given up and was going to spend the better part of the morning getting massages when I attempted one last taxi driver. To my excitement he implied he knew how to get me there! I was really pleased, even more so when he switched the radio from the Thai station over to English. Twenty minutes later I had arrived and was overjoyed to see how cute “Melting Moments” really is! It was like stepping into a sweet Korean café in Seoul. Everything was delicate, detailed and beautiful.


I took a seat, flicked through every Thai and Japanese magazine available and ordered a cappuccino and a brownie. The cupcakes looked really beautiful, however, I was too tempted to try the brownie which was delicious!




The café reminded me of “The Cupcake Factory” where Amy and I would have frequent dates in Seoul. I arrived home from Bangkok to mail from Amy. Look how creative she is..they are little pins and magnets that she hand made!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment