Saturday, January 30, 2010

Australia Day

I had been complaining for two weeks about the lack of shifts I’d been getting at work . It seems that as the Christmas season is over so are the amount of functions people attend. The past two functions I’ve worked have been hilarious 50th birthday parties, one of which all the women were super hot and sexy dancing drunk to Lady Gaga. Work is highly entertaining, social and pays well so I was in dire need of more action! I called work and discussed my concern and she said I could help downstairs on Australia day running food. Sounds easy enough? Four hours later, drenched in sweat and my legs numb from constant running, I was rewarded with my one complimentary glass of white wine from the bar.


The whole time (even now) I couldn’t help thinking “Am I getting paid time and a half because I worked on a holiday?” However, this will remain a mystery until I get paid next week.















I got picked up and whisked back home to shove half a watermelon in my mouth and take a fresh glass full of wine into the shower. Our company for our “Canadian’s who are hosting an Australian Day BBQ” had already arrived so I was in a bit of a rush to get ready.
My friend Nancy, who I had known since my time working in Korea showed up with her lovely Aussie boyfriend, Nick. They were carrying a huge tub of goodies to barbeque, a delicious Mango salad, a thousand beers and a bottle of Champagne.

I had a huge headache the next day and it was a challenge to sit through the lectures at school. hehe

1 comment:

  1. Time and a half for working on a holiday - yes. Maybe even a day in lieu?

    ReplyDelete