Monday, December 21, 2009

Sunday Sessions

Melbourne I love you





It was a lovely Sunday, I packed a lunch and hopped a train into Melbourne with my friend Rhiannon. I was determined to explore Brunswick street in Fitzroy. Every time I go to Melbourne I end up on my way to this area and am determined to explore every nook and cranny of the place. I want to sit in every café and browse every vintage shop in the eclectic area. However, only lemons and limes grow on the trees in this Australian backyard. Walking down Brunswick street was incredibly exciting and the most difficult decision of the day was choosing which café we should try. We finally picked one with a delightful patio with beautiful paintings on the walls outside the building. I got my usual “Skinny Flat White” and Rhiannon had a strawberry and cream tea which smelled divine.



Hunter Gatherer was a shop I couldn’t walk past no matter how pressed for time we were that afternoon. I found a dress that had been waiting for me for who knows how long. It’s a kimono style, brown and white poka dots and happens to have been only $15. The most pleasant part of purchasing my new love was that my $15 is all given to a local charitable organization. This made buying feel so good^^




Rhiannon and I rushed to catch a tram outside the Korean food store (where I bought a red bean ice cream) to Parliament station where we met Erini and her friends to make our way over to the infamous Madame Brussels. Upon arrival in Madame Brussels I thought “Alice in Wonderland?” It was beyond fabulous and everything it had been talked up to be and more. The waiters were incredibly trendy guys dressed in tennis uniforms and the girls had little tennis skirts with knee highs. All of us shared a “doubles” of PIMMS punch. Yum Yum.




It was so colourful outside on the patio, due to the complimentary sun umbrellas. The customers were dressed up in “high tea” style outfits and the whole scene was just very fabulous. I am excited to return!

Out of Madame Brussels and onto the next patio drinking spot. We went down to the Docklands (which might as well have been a trip down to the Toronto Harbour) and went into Lombardo’s. I feel that the pictures don’t do this Buddha Bar justice. It was very chic and even at 6pm girls were dressed up like they were off for a huge night on the town.




I love Sunday sessions!

1 comment: