Tuesday, December 8, 2009

“I’m riding the Donkey, while I wait for the horse.”

My old roommate from my first home I stayed at in Geelong has become quite a lovely friend. He has recently moved to Geelong to study at the same University as me and has managed to grasp the English language very well in the past few months he has stayed here. Jason drives me back and forth to work when I need it and I correct his essays.

While driving me home from work one late Saturday night, Jason told me that he really wanted to quit his job because his boss speaks in a nasty tone and with out saying “please” or “thank you.” He works as a delivery guy for a Chinese take out restaurant in Geelong.

I asked him “are you going to quit your job?”
He replied, “I’m riding the donkey while waiting for the horse.”

He explained that he would keep his present job with the rude boss until he finds another part time job elsewhere.

I am excited to hear how many other Chinese proverbs he tells me throughout my stay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment