Wednesday, December 16, 2009

An Ethiopian Dinner

I had the most delicious dinner of my life at an Ethiopian restaurant. My friend Erini took me after an afternoon spent in an area outside Melbourne called Footscray. It's actually got a reputation for being a touch sketchy and scarry, but I found it a delight with the two massive asian food markets and bubble tea shops. We spent sometime in a second hand shop called "savers" and I left with my bag bursting of granny nighties and wear a new hat.
                   After visiting every Halal and Chinese food shop, we made our way to "siagon" market. I almost lost my breath when I saw Kimchi being sold! There were fruits I'd never tried before and samples cut up. Erini and I helped ourselves to a fruit salad by walking around and trying every sample offered. We were actually quite full after the experience but had to meet other friends at the Ethiopian restaurant.

             The restaurant was incredibly authentic and felt as though you'd walked into your Ethiopian grandmothers dining room. The food was so delicious i even ate the lamb! We made sure to wash our hands really well since there are no utensils used to eat the cuisine. I was so full and satisfied when i left!

The bread was heaven in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment