Sunday, December 20, 2009

Going Surfing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4g2AZwBrhs

Going Surfing Going Surfing



Two evenings ago I came home fairly earlier than usual from work to find the Surf instructors in our kitchen playing drinking games. It’s become a bit of a weekend ritual and they are always highly entertaining and very noisy. They said we could join a class the next day and get free rental of boards and wetsuits.


So yesterday we (the roommates) piled into Tara’s convenient red rental and made our way to Ocean Grove Beach. It was beautiful; the waves were super high and strong. After about 30 minutes I was completely bored! My other two roommates are very enthusiastic surfers and go just about every day! I on the other hand find it tediously boring to exert the energy needed to walk out to sea, catch a wave, fall off my board and then go back out to sea to repeat the process again. I think I’m like that about most sports (sorry dad I’ll probably never go snowboarding again). However, I could walk or do yoga all day. I took off my wet suit and joined my other roommate for a nap on the beach (the best nap I’ve had in forever) It wasn’t very hot yesterday so I bundled up in full clothing to enjoy the warm sun and the cool breeze. We got back home just in time for me to get all the sand off of me and head to work.





No comments:

Post a Comment