Friday, December 18, 2009

Kids Stuff

My Empty Number Line

Part of our math assignment was to create an interesting type of number line using decimals or fractions. Since I still can't quite understand fractions (except for following baking recipes) I decided I would use decimals. I wanted to create a "clothing empty number line." The kids would have to hang out the laundry in the correct place. To be honest, I just had a lot of fun making it and wanted to hang it on my wall instead of dropping it at school for marks.




Primary School

The first two mornings of vacation I volunteered at a Primary School where I will be doing my teaching rounds in the New Year. I thought it would be a good idea to go in and get myself familiar with the daily routines and different teaching styles. Since the kids are about to go on break I mostly assisted with Christmas crafts, which was fun for me:)


This is supposed to look like a Christmas Tree! According to the instructions, you add green food colouring to the coconut and mix it in until the coconut is green. However, this for some reason didn't happen and the kids had to settle for lightly green speckled snow! They put marshmallows on a stick and poured melted chocolate on top and then added the coconut. Looks fairly festive though..don't you think!?

Rudolph!

No comments:

Post a Comment