Sunday, November 14, 2010

My - Lucia - RetroSuperFutures

It's a bit of a love story really. 

While in Toronto this summer, attending some weddings and meeting Peter's family, we took a stroll down West Queen street.
 Stopping into to look at "Spectacles," I found all the sun glass frames that looked so similar to everything else I've seen.
That was, until I saw the Lucia sunglasses by retrosuperfuture.
I almost fell over! Just what I had been looking for. I tried them on and never wanted to take them off. Perhaps even consiered for a moment being one of those obnoxious people who wears their sunglasses inside, in clubs and even in the subway.
Then i though again.
I was prepared to buy them until the price tag stopped me. 

It's now November and not a day had passed where I didn't think about them, talk about them or long for them to sit on top on my nose. 

Everyday the sun came out I would sigh and say,
"would sure be lovely to be wearing Lucia's right now"
 
Peter was growing tired of entering every sun glass shop so that I could look around dismally at all the unexciting frames, then promptly leave the store saying, "they're no Lucia retrosuperfutures."

I've never seen them in any other shop than the Spectacles store on West Queen street in Toronto.

I finally found them online for an amazing price and asked politely if my parents would purchase them for me for my 25th birthday sneaking up. 

being the amazing parents that they are, I now walk all over NYC with them on, even when the skies are grey.

Thank you mom and dad!



1 comment:

  1. I saw your blogs seriously and thankful for making this nice blog
    Eye of the Beholder offers Cool vintage flavoured RetroSuperFuture Sunglasses for men

    and women with free shipping. Super Sunglasses are loved by all ...
    RetroSuperFuture Sunglasses

    ReplyDelete