Sunday, November 7, 2010

Isabella Blow

Fashionista-more than just a hat.
The incredibly beautiful Anthropologie store up on 50th street, next to the Rockefeller skating rink was where we went to toast the release of the new book on Isabella Blow. 
She tragically took her own life in 2007 and this book is a tribute to her life.
I have begun the read and am thoroughly enjoying it.

I had always seen Isabella's interviews and pictures in anything fashion related and recognized her, as most people did, for her courageous head pieces she flaunted.
Before Lady gaga’s head couture was considered shocking. 

 Isabella Blow moved to New York in 1979 and after a while, became Anna Wintor’s assistant at Vogue. I noticed that they also shared the same fabulous haircut. Isabella later moved back to her homeland of England and worked in the fashion industry in London.

Notoriously famous for wearing elaborate hats
(designed by Philip Tracey-whose career she started along with Alexandar McQueen) 
she once explained her reasoning behind wearing them:

"...to keep everyone away from me. They say, Oh, can I kiss you? I say, No, thank you very much. That's why I've worn the hat. Goodbye. I don't want to be kissed by all and sundry. I want to be kissed by the people I love.”

The party was really lovely and made me want to purchase every home product in the store. From the Christmas decorations to the bed duvets, it’s all gorgeous and an incredible place to throw a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment