Sunday, November 14, 2010

Guy Bourdin

-In Between-
GUY BOURDIN

An exhibition that showed some first glimpses of Guy's never seen before work (1928-1991). 
I've been yawning quite a lot at some of the recent shows we've been to but this got me giddy with excitement. 
Peter had sent me a book with Guy Bourdin's work for my birthday in Korea two years back and I've loved his classic and beautiful work ever since.

Needless to say, I was thrilled to be a plus one on the invite list.
We arrived at the Payne Whitney Mansion across from Central Park and home to the French Embassy's cultural services. I thought perhaps we were stepping into a French Palace.
The collection of guests was inspiring in itself. More than half the room was French and everyone looked incredibly elegant. Champagne was the drink of choice and went well with how posh everything was.

The following pictures do not do this event justice. I shouldn't even be posting them, they are so unimpressive!
However, this was one of my favourite New York events I've been to and so I'd like some sort of documentation of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment