Sunday, November 15, 2009

You can't visit Australia and not try to Surf!

Myself and three other Canadian girls in my program at school decided it was time for us all to give surfing a try. I couldn't help feeling super cliche about the experience but it is something I feel everyone must try at least once while visiting Oz.

We caught the early morning bus to the beach 20 mins away from our homes. This beach is a popular surf spot called Torquay (pronounced Tor-key). This is where brand labels like "rip curl" and "Billabong" were born.

We had reservations with a shop to take us our for lessons for 2 hours with all of our rental costs included. It came to $55, which I thought was really reasonable!

Our teacher for the day was excellent and had us down on our boards and jumping up into our ninja stance about 10 times before we were even in the water.

I was almost out of energy by the time I had even got my wet suit on. I got up about 4 times and then came crashing down. It was really fun and exhausting at the same time.



Wish I could have gotten better pictures (ones of us all actually in the water) but I'll have to settle with the before and after shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment