Thursday, August 12, 2010

stencil for you

Creative with out actually being talented

I was hoping to get into silk screening in order to design cute stationary and envelopes to send off to all of my long distance loved ones. This was inspired from a wedding I went to where the bride designed and screened all of the invitations, seating labels and gift candels.

However, after a detailed chat with a Wallacks Art store employee, I felt discouraged.
Discouraged by the seeming complications of silk screening and by the harsh price.
In adition, I realized it's probably best for people who can draw, something I'm rather crap at.

Thinking of an alternative, I turned to letter stencils and black paint.
While spending another wonderful unemployed (retired traveler) summer day full of time or arts and crafts, I began to make some envelopes for letters.

a cheaper and easier alternative than buying and using a silk screen for this purpose.


My baby sister is as sweet as pie.
So I thought I'd inform her about that in a stencil present for her to display in her new apartment for the school year.

1 comment: