Monday, August 23, 2010

3 equals disaster!

My mom, dad and sister came to meet me in Toronto and we spent a lovely evening together by the harbour.













The next morning we gave my dad all of the things we didn't need during the day and he put it in the car and went off to his meetings. The plan was to meet him much later that evening.

I went to go out onto the rooftop of the hotel and realized I had no shoes to wear.
Good start!

I borrowed my mom's and walked up to Urban Outfitters near the Eaton's Centre. It was only a 20 minute walk and was really enjoyable so I soon forgot that I would be buying totally un-nesesary shoes.
I found some cute sandals for under $10 and made my way back to the hotel.
We walked over to Kensington in the hot sun to get some lunch at the vegan/vegetarian/trendy/rude "herbivore."
We had just ordered, paid and were waiting in line when my sister said "i don't feel very well I'm going to sit." That turned into her lips turning blue and passing out, throwing up into a big bowl used to mix the customers salads and putting damp paper napkins on her head.

30 mins later we walked across the street to get her some ice cream and a cooler fan to sit under.

we though, "how unlucky, first no shoes, then fainting, what next?"

We decided that seeing "Eat, Pray, Love," and being inside a cool cinema would be the best way to spend the rest of the day.
We caught the tram to the Spadina station and ran for the train. 

With all the practise running for trains in Seoul, I jumped on first and felt the doors close on my back.

I turned around and saw their looks of dismay and just just mouthed "BLOOR"

I got off 3 stations later and waited, waited, cursed that there's no signal inside the Toronto subways, waited, waited, saw my mom and brittney walk by

Horray! 

Bad things only come in three's, so the story ends here.


No comments:

Post a Comment