Saturday, August 28, 2010

pretty and painful

These shoes are too adorable.
I bought them in Australia while shopping with my girlfriend Nancy, days before departing the country.
They reminded me of something Miss Hepburn would have worn.

They arrived in the mail in Ottawa a couple of days ago and I was ecstatic about taking them for a stroll around the market.

My mom, sister and I started out our day in the city with my feet and pride in my shoes feeling just fine.

 After about 10 mins of walking, I began to limp, 10 more mins later it felt as though someone was pouring vinegar into open wounds on my feet.

5 mins later I was sitting on a bench with my shoes off about to cry from the pain!

My mom dashed off to buy me bandaids and gave me her walmart-not-so-special flip flops.

I was so sad that these gorgeous shoes were doomed to go to waste.
That they would never get out there and see the world around them.

However, after trading shoes with my mom (even though the flip flops really didn't go with my dress) the painful shoes on me were blissfully painless on her.

I am so pleased my mom will wear them well and purchasing them was not all in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment