Friday, August 27, 2010

fly in my coffee

While in Toronto

We sat on a little blue bench outside an adorable coffee shop called SQUIREL.
 I was happily sipping my organic and delicious coffee until a fly committed suicide in it!
He flew straight into my cup and began to panic.
I tried to rescue him with my finger but I couldn't quite get him.
I persisted until it was too late and he passed away.
I flicked him out of my cup and onto the pavement.

I decided to tell the girl in the shop what had happened in hopes she might take pitty on me and give me another half a glass of coffee.

I told her that a fly had committed suicide in my hot beverage. She completely understood and cheerfully gave me another half a glass.

I returned outside to further discuss the situation with Peter.

Flys usually perch themselves in the sides of cups, they almost never nose plant right inside. This is why I feel it was an intentional act.

It was a little sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment