Monday, July 4, 2011

Brooklyn Bridge

I went to meet Miss Ina for a tour of her hood and a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge together.

I thought since it was a lovely day I would walk from Greenpoint over to her place. On google maps it said it would take an hour and a half. At my walking speed, that mean't an hour tops. 

I got past all my familiarities after I went under the Williamsburg bridge. The first unknown area I entered was a distinctly Hassidic Jewish neighbourhood. Due to my intense fascination with this group, I enjoyed every step. I so desperately wanted to pull out my camera and blatantly take pictures of everyone, but I resisted. 

The next neighbourhood was not so fun, I found myself walking through the Projects down Flushing Ave. Just as I was starting to realize this wasn't such a great idea, three guys sped by on the back tires of their dirt bikes in a race to the finish line. Lucky for me, everything was just fine and dandy.

I finally ended up in Brooklyn Heights, met Ina and walked along the promenade.  We went across the Brooklyn bridge and in Manhattan for some much needed dinner in China Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment