Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fashion Smashion

New York Free Drinks Fashion Week

"Oh I'm with Corduroy Magazine!"
The week of shows and parties was incredibly fun and saved us a lot of money on drinks.


Mandy Coon at Milk Studios
G Star
It felt more like going to a crowded concert than a fashion show. The crowds were a bit of a nuisance but the clothes were quite nice and the DJ was great! 
Yigal Azrouel
a very intimate show, which made it my favourite by far.
In addition, Waris was sitting the opposite side from us, which i found really exciting!

I have no pictures from Isaac Mizrahi. It was one of the posher ones we went to and I wanted to look 'too cool to snap snap.' It was lovely except for the awful mixing the DJ was doing. For me a lot about the show has to do with the music! The entrance to this show got us some free Starbucks mochas and magazines, which we put to fantastic use on the long and gruelling subway ride back to Brooklyn.

ART in CHELSEA
A fabulous party in a gallery in Chelsea. 
The most incredible food, wine and cocktails all for free.

FASHION NIGHT OUT
This was the only picture I took during the night because it was so crazy! All the boutiques were open and serving complimentary drinks. The line ups to the bar was a huge deterrent to want to drink.
My one of my favourite activities happens to be 'people watching' and it was the right place to be for admiring outrageous and inspiring outfits.




No comments:

Post a Comment