Sunday, March 13, 2011

Swinging Solo

dancing alone tonight
My two friends both couldn't make it to our first pole dancing class last week.
I would have had to forfeit my class if I had canceled, so I decided to embrace it alone.
The whole reason we even got signed up in the first place is because of a Groupon alert that came to my phone one afternoon saying that for $45 you get 5 drop in classes.
A bargain considering one drop in class is usually $25!

You're not allowed to take your clothes off in the class, which I was thrilled about.
However, it is mandatory to wear 4-6 inch stilettos that have a strap around your ankle for the pole class.
I shuffled into the room wearing my ridiculously ghetto fab silver stilletos that matched the glimmering poles.
We all met our cheerful and pleasently plump teacher, who was wearing very small booty shorts.
I loved that she didn't seem to be concerned that her wobbly bits were very much exposed, especially in some of the booty bending moves. At first I thought "really? this is our teacher?" Not to be rude/shallow, but I was expecting a more 'stripper-looking-lady-type.'
I wasn't fooled for long, our teacher demonstrated the first flying pole spin and I was like "ohhhh wow!"

Maybe the first few minutes of class was awkward and I was feeling shy. But a few laughs from all of us falling and slipping off our poles and everyone began to relax and just have fun. It became one of the best classes I've ever taken!

 I can't wait to go back. Hopefully with my girls next time :)




1 comment: