Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Barneys Madness!

Watch Out!
I had heard about the Barneys Co-op sale the week I arrived in New York.
We had run into two of peter's friends who had items bursting out of their Barney's Co-op bags and raving about the deals! 
It sounded thrilling and I couldn't wait for the next 6 months to pass so I could go.

So when Sherri showed me all of her incredible designer shoes for a quarter of the original price last week, I said, "take me please!"

We met early to get to the Manhattan store at 10am. Already the place looked like a zoo full of women on one mission - a bargain!
It was terrifying, stifling hot and slightly dangerous. I was pushed and elbowed by ruthless shoppers all snatching for the same shoe. At one point a Manolo Blahnik stiletto came way too close to my eye.
I ran away in search of Sherri in the size 8 shoe section and panicked when I couldn't find her. A few minutes of frantic searching and I see her looking very Zen, holding two pairs of boots, in the monstrous line, to try them on.
Sherri was very soothing and calmed me down a bit, "you can do this Kayla, just focus on the shoes.." I took a deep breath and went back to the size 10's and found these Barneys Co-op shoes for $47, originally $395. 
Thanks Sherri!
I was so happy to leave and head over to the West Village for brunch.

We survived!

No comments:

Post a Comment