Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vintage Finds

From you ... into my closet

I swore I wouldn't shop here...but shopping for second-hand doesn't really count right!?

I got this beauty at a second hand furniture store. Very random and extremely awesome! It also comes with a long sequin skirt which i plan on wearing as a tube dress.

$10 in Soho of all places!

THE DRESS

I met Peter for a quick “hello” during my lunch break in Soho and the end of his lunch meeting. While waiting to have keys cut for the office, I peeked in at a shop to find an adorable 80’s dress with a little frill and instantly fell in love. I thought, due to time constraints I would come back after work to try it on. Plus, Peter was complaining about his hungry tummy and need for a Vietnamese sandwich. 

That afternoon I went back to the shop really excited to try on the dress. To my disappointment, it wasn’t on the hanger where I had left it. I even asked the girl in the shop to check where it went. She found a receipt showing it had been bought during the afternoon. I was a little sad, so I left and made my way into a few other cute stores in the area. I did end up finding a sweet green vintage dress for $10, asked to wear it out of the shop and made my way to the M and then the G train, which were running well for once.

At home, I went to hang up my clothes in the closet and stopped to stare at a dress that looked exactly like the one I had wanted to try on. I stood there for what felt like well over a minute just contemplating how it ended up in my closet. Did I wish so hard for it that it teleported itself into my bedroom? Had it jumped into my bag earlier in the day and made it's way onto the hanger in my closet?

Then it dawned on me. . .

Thank you Peter

1 comment: