Sunday, October 24, 2010

Snarkitecture

Snarkitecture is a collaboration between a designer and architect.
They created the temporary retail store for Richard Chai, under the highline in the meatpacking district. This was part of the Building Fashion series.

 
White architectural foam was used to carve out the shops cave like space, including shelves and hangers for the clothes to be displayed. I felt like I was in a fantastic snow cave that had the bonus of being warm. 

(Ice bar smice bar, I think this is the future) 

This was my third visit to the site, with out realizing it is a series! It has been different every time with various artists and designers collaborating. This was my favourite of the 3 pop-up shops I've seen.


Metric performed for the party. Which included Emily Haines singing a few songs acoustic. 
"pppsssst ..did you know she's Canadian?"
The free candy was a delightful treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment