Monday, May 3, 2010

Hello Hanoi

To market To market
I had a wee little sob in this market after I turned around to see a little man attempting to open my little black purse and take out the contents that I would be naked with out. I was not mad at him at all, I just looked at him and felt really sad. He looked fairly shocked that I had noticed and rather slowly, he slunk a few steps away from me and back onto his friends bike. I couldn't understand my mood for a few hours after that encounter. Not nice:(

This little red bridge is located on a portion of the lake that is surrounded by the old quarter, with all of the beautiful old buildings. It is also home to the early morning and late evening ladies and gentlemen who like to get fit while the weather is comfortably cool. 
A whole pineapple for a dollar!
This little cutie pie reminded me of the older Korean women who gather the recycling in the city.
"Hello! Yes give me money if you want to take a picture of me walking down the street with my fish on a string."
 Mini cucumbers! I thought eating fresh veggies would be a great idea. I somehow avoided it until our last day in Hanoi when I bought and ate one of these mini cucumbers and a tomato that gave me a bacterial infection. Apparently the ferterlizer is the problem and you should only have cooked vegetables while in South East Asia. woops!
This girl was hilarious! She kept asking me to take her picture with Peter and kept saying how much she loved him. I couldn't stop laughing and just kept taking the picture for her. How odd! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment