Saturday, February 26, 2011

People Live Here

Peter with his stack of Corduroys ready to take to a showroom in Chelsea. 
I was the lucky one who got to help him move them - i'm still recovering from the strain!
SUN! - SUNNY!
It is no secret that I have a massive fascination with the Hasidic Jewish community. 

My first introduction occurred with my move to Brooklyn. Before then, I had only ever heard about them or seen them in movies... (Natalie Portman, "I love New York")

I walk across the Williamsburg bridge every morning on my way to work and cross paths with many Hasidic women power walking (they're my main competitors when it comes to speed and hardcore arm movements). They do their work outs in long skirts, running shoes and perfect wigs with out breaking a sweat. 

Anyways, I'm most interested in their classic fashion and hair styles. I've noticed that most of the wigs are cut in my current hairstyle and unlike mine, are flawless. I love the mens outfits too. 
So simple, yet, so stylish. Don't even get me started on the amazing fur hats the men wear and beautiful turbans some of the older women wear.
On this particular day, I looked at myself and Peter in a reflection and said ..."babe, today I think we look like  a Hasidic couple..."
Down a posh side street in posh Soho are not so posh signs upon a residential wall.
-Poos are never posh-

No comments:

Post a Comment